Our fundraising promise
With your generous support, we fund projects that go beyond what the NHS is able to provide. Everything from specialist medical training, state-of-the-art equipment and world-leading research, to the small things that bring a smile to people’s faces or help make a tough time more bearable.
In return, we make this fundraising promise to you.
We commit to high standards
- We will adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We will display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
We will be clear, honest and open
- We will tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- We will do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We will ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- And we’ll provide clear and evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We will be respectful
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or want to stop giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be available on request.
- Where the law requires, we’ll make sure we have your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way, we won’t.
We will be fair and reasonable
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We will be accountable and responsible
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.